Virtual Reality Studio - London
If you are looking to make your mark on a remarkable new product and Are you someone that would love to work on and create immersive VR experiences on a truly innovative platform, this is a position for you.
The company ate looking for a Head of Development to join our cross-functional engineering team. They are after someone who is an experienced leader, passionate about developing strong teams and understands how to piece together bleeding edge technology.
They are specialising in bringing optics and machine learning into the everyday. They are building a next-generation platform of tools and services that will help everyone learn to see differently. Products are currently in beta and they are operating in stealth mode meaning so can't say too much without an NDA except to get in touch.
- You will be a key member of the senior management team reporting to the Director of Technology, with responsibility for the software and product development team.
- Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of the platform. Where necessary, making technical decisions.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge across all our product streams to help anticipate future directions and to aid in assessing the impacts of technology on the business.
- Be a key influencer of the roadmap to ensure that we meet the needs of our customers and vision of our founders whilst ensuring the best possible return from our investment in the platform.
- Acting as a thought leader and evangelist for software development best practices, implementing initiatives to keep continuously improve standards and efficiency such as TDD, BDD, reduction of tech debt etc.
- Lead and manage a growing team of developers, which currently stands at 23. You'll be responsible for supporting the growth of the team, recruitment and identifying training needs.
- Planning, allocating and managing the budget of your teams and (jointly) of technology as a whole.
- Representing the technology team on cross-functional projects and initiatives with commercial, sales, support and marketing teams.
You must have:
- Proven experience building and running cutting edge technology teams, ideally a SaaS related product
- Come from a background of development and have an intimate knowledge of how to build applications with a Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), able to hold your own across the full technology stack
- Proven track record of leading and engaging others in driving a high performance culture
- Understand how to utilise Agile practices to ensure the smooth development of the product
You ideally have:
- Extensive knowledge of cloud hosting technologies and how to use these platforms (AWS or GCP)
- Exposure to emerging viewing technologies is desirable - e.g. HoloLens, Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive
- You have ambition and a hunger for growth and development
- If you are interested in the position, please get in contact and we can provide further information.
Are you looking to move up in or move into the digital sector? Whether you have been working in the sector for years or are just trying to break into it, make sure you read our Career Advice.
- Posted by Lucy Rowland at 3:52pm on 04/07/2017Say hello to our mischievous little mascot... who we'd like YOU to name! We're very excited to be introducing you to the newest and youngest member of our Skillsearch family. So excited, in fact, that we have decided to award the winner of our mascot-naming compet...