What We Do
Skillsearch Digital scour the digital sector, uncovering talented creative and technical individuals and placing them in roles within specialist markets including mobile, gaming and art and animation, where they are fully able to excel.
We deal with both permanent and contract positions and work across the UK and worldwide. Although we recruit mostly for either technical roles including development, testing, project/production management and analytical positions, or creative professionals including designers, animators and artists, we have an ever-expanding presence within the digital marketplace and are keen to hear from anyone within the sector looking to hire or looking for their next career challenge.
How We Do It
Skillsearch Digital is a company fuelled by highly driven digital market experts who also possess a generous dose of likability which results in us forming strong relationships with talented digital professionals, and has enabled us to become one of the few major players in the gaming, interactive and mobile arenas.
We practice a ‘success-based’ digital recruitment service which offers you access to the marketplace without any upfront cost, whether the role is on a permanent or contract basis.
Each of our Consultants specialise in a different space within the digital world so it is worth checking out the team profiles so you can get in touch with the right Recruiter. We operate this way so that each of our Consultants is able to really get to know their market and the people within it.
So here’s what we will do:
- We will we engage with you to fully define the brief
- We will quickly identify a number of candidates to suit your requirements
- We look at their skills and experience
- We will also look at their personality and gauge whether they will be a
good fit within the culture of your company
- We will screen all candidates which always includes an interview and
often includes checking of all personal, previous employment and
educational history as well as references, where possible
- We will submit the best candidates we find to you and will delve into the
hiring process with you, arranging interviews and taking care of the paperwork
In addition we are also able to:
- Work within very tight timescales often presenting you with a number of highly qualified candidates within just a few hours
- Conduct Psychometric Testing, allowing us to gain an in-depth understanding of a candidate’s personality, interpersonal skills and attitudes to work *for a small additional cost
Skillsearch Digital’s success is largely down to the fact that we are a proactive agency and we take the initiative to regularly meet and engage with top talent in our niche mobile, gaming and interactive markets. Our ‘Iceberg’ approach is about putting the work in before we are even handed the brief so that when it arrives, we are already on-task.
To find out more about our tailored recruitment services please call 01273 287 007 to speak to a member of our team.
Areas of Expertise
Skillsearch operate a ‘success-based’ recruitment service which offers you access to the marketplace without any upfront cost, whether the role is on a permanent or contract basis.
- Mobile is such an exciting industry to be in! 10 years ago mobile app developers didn’t exist, mobile apps didn’t exist and we hadn’t even begun to create the code needed to enable them. Today most mobile users use apps and other recently available mobile features on a daily basis. This had lead to huge demand for mobile IT professionals and it has been a massive challenge for the industry to keep up with the pace at which it is moving. Skillsearch have never been afraid of a fast-moving industry though. Mobile is perhaps where the most diverse range of our clients sit – from small software companies to global organisations – everyone needs to be mobile friendly and Skillsearch are friendly with those who know mobile so get in touch if you have, or are looking for,opportunities in mobile technologies. Meet our Mobile Recruitment Team
- The creative world of art and animation is a fast growing field for Skillsearch. We are working with a wide range of industry professionals from Junior Designers and Art Workers to Art Directors and Visual Effects experts. The team also deal with other roles within the digital space including marketing and SEO personnel and are working with a great range of clients from small design studios to large corporations. Meet our Art and Animation Team
- Skillsearch Digital has made a real impact within the gaming and interactive industry, bringing talented game designers, developers and other interactive entertainment professionals (including Virtual and Augmented Reality) together with a vast range of gaming studios. We work with many small studios, who can benefit from our flexi-fee initiative and also much larger established players (accidental pun – honestly). Gaming isn’t just an industry though, it is a lifestyle and professionals within it know when they reach out to a Skillsearch Consultant that they are speaking to someone who not only gets that, but shares that passion too. Meet our Gaming Recruitment Team.
Work For Us
We are always keen to hear from bright and ambitious individuals who are looking for somewhere to build a real career in business.
- Posted by Lucy Rowland at 3:52pm on 04/07/2017Say hello to our mischievous little mascot... who we'd like YOU to name! We're very excited to be introducing you to the newest and youngest member of our Skillsearch family. So excited, in fact, that we have decided to award the winner of our mascot-naming compet...
What Our Clients Say
“I met Giles and Guy at Develop and in the months since the event, Skillsearch has visited the campus on two occasions and worked with our students collectively and individually on improving their CVs and what goes into making a good portfolio. Our students respond well to their positive energy and encouragement, and their passion for games development. Giles and Guy are mad for Unity and because of them, I have encouraged all our games students to become proficient on the engine, and pushed the business case for the university purchasing 20UnityPro licenses. And, best of all, Giles and Guy do what it says on the tin – find our students jobs in games.”
Lecturer, Games Technology Leader | inKUbator
“Katie is a great recruiter to work with. She is very efficient at replying and dealing to any form of communication I sent and the wider Skillsearch team are also always very supportive. I look forward to working with you again”
Unity Developer | Future Games of London
“Giles and the team recently helped me find the perfect role in central Brighton. Whilst working with him I was highly impressed with his knowledge of the industry, diligence and professionalism. A cut above many other recruiters I’ve worked with; every step of the way he showed an impeccable understanding of my skills and requirements and was able to leverage his contacts to find the perfect match in no time at all.
I won’t hesitate to recommend Skillsearch to my friends and colleagues in the future”
Senior Developer | Mediatonic
“When we need extra resources, Skillsearch is always one of our first ports of call – Giles has a very good understanding of our industry and can always find the perfect candidate for our needs.”
Marina Burton | Plug-In Media
Skillsearch’s nominated charity for 2016 is Special Effect – using technology to enhance the quality of life of people with physical disabilities.
find out more